Location Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam
- The Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam is located right in the oldest part of Amsterdam's city centre. The old part of Amsterdam is very lively, with many restaurants, shops, historical buildings, and cafés. The hostel is a national monument recognized by the World Heritage List; it’s an old building with lots of character.
- The Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam is conveniently located close to Central Station and many tourist attractions: Dam Square, Madame Tussauds, Rembrandt's house, canal tours, and the shopping centre.
- Our hostel in Amsterdam is also located around the corner from the Red Light District, which can be easily avoided, if so desired.
Transportation to the Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam
The main train station of Amsterdam is less than a 10 minute walk away from the Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam. From the main train station, Amsterdam Central, there are buses/trams/trains to every part of the city and even to other places outside of Amsterdam.
Facilities - Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam
Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam is famous for its warm and welcoming atmosphere. We are a place where you can feel at home. The reception is open day and night. We love to serve you with information about the city and insider’s tips of what to do. You can also rent a bike at our hostel in Amsterdam.
Accommodation in Our Hostel in Amsterdam
- The Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam has a total of 176 beds.
- 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 16 bed rooms are available (choice of privacy or a chance to make new friends).
- 16 bed rooms have dividing walls for more privacy.
- We have private showers and toilet in 4-bed en-suites.
- Single-sex rooms.
- Restrooms are also single-sex.
- High ceilings, creating an open feeling in the bedrooms
Services in Our Hostel in Amsterdam
- Sheets are included.
- Discount tickets sold for several museums and a canal cruise
- Charging Service at reception
- Designated lockers for each guest are in every room or in the hallway. Bring your own padlock, or buy one at reception. Read more in FAQ.
- Free breakfast
- Free WiFi & Computers for guests to use
Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam: One of a Kind Hostel!
- In our hostel in Amsterdam, we have a cozy café, where you can hang out, play a game or meet others. We also sell a selection of drinks, snacks, and meals. There are free computers for guests to use, and we have free Wi-Fi.
- A main feature of our hostel in Amsterdam is the outside garden – a peaceful area with a giant fish-pond and a comfy chill-out area where you can relax on the sofas. It’s a great place to hang out, meet new people, and play a game of darts or ping pong.
- Every day we have free activities; like a free dinner, a Dutch Food Tasting, or a Bible Meditation. We also organize free City Walks. Check out our daily activities in our hostels in Amsterdam.
- We’re a Christian hostel in Amsterdam. Read more here about the identity of our youth hostels in Amsterdam.
What HostelWorld.com Says about the Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam
The Shelter City won in 2015 and 2016 a "Hoscar" award for being the "Most Popular Hostel in Amsterdam."
What Others Say about Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam:
- Highly recommended hostel. Great location!! As a female travelling alone, I felt quite safe in this hostel. There is a beautiful garden with a koi fish pond where you can hang out or eat your breakfast. It is very quite despite being right in the centre of town where all the actions are.
- Amazing group of volunteers! Thank you so much for charging my kindle :) Great location to everything I wanted to see in Amsterdam. The staff was very informative and friendly even during hectic checkout. The breakfasts were amazing, thank you for the pancakes and french toast :)!!!
Read more reviews about our hostel in Amsterdam.