Location Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam
The Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam is located right in the oldest part of Amsterdam’s city center. The old part of Amsterdam is very lively, with many restaurants, shops, historical buildings, and cafés. The hostel is a national monument recognized by the World Heritage List: it’s an old building with lots of character. The Shelter City Hostel is conveniently located close to:
- Central Station
- Dam Square, Madame Tussauds
- Rembrandt’s house
- Canal tours
- Shopping centres
Our hostel in Amsterdam is also located around the corner from the Red Light District, which can be easily avoided, if so desired.
Transportation to the Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam
The main train station of Amsterdam is less than a 10-minute walk away from the Shelter City. From the main train station, Amsterdam Central, there are buses/trams/trains to every part of the city and even to other places outside of Amsterdam.
About our accommodation in Amsterdam
Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam is famous for its warm and welcoming atmosphere. We are a place where you can feel at home. The reception is open day and night. We love to serve you with information about the city and insider’s tips of what to do.
- The Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam has a total of 176 beds.
- 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 16 bed rooms are available (choice of privacy or a chance to make new friends).
- 16 bed rooms have dividing walls for more privacy.
- All dorm rooms are single-sex.
- We have private showers and toilet in 4-bed ensuites.
- We offer 2 and 4 person mixed private rooms with the option of a private bathroom (ensuite). Families can also book these rooms if the kids are above the age of 4.
- High ceilings, creating an open feeling in the bedrooms.
What Others Say about Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam:
- Highly recommended hostel. Great location!! As a female travelling alone, I felt quite safe in this hostel. There is a beautiful garden with a koi fish pond where you can hang out or eat your breakfast. It is very quite despite being right in the centre of town where all the actions are.
- The hostel is near to Red Lights and the Central Station. The staff is friendly and helpful.
- Amazing group of volunteers! Thank you so much for charging my kindle 🙂 Great location to everything I wanted to see in Amsterdam. The staff was very informative and friendly even during hectic checkout. The breakfasts were amazing, thank you for the pancakes and french toast :)!!!
Read more reviews about our hostel in Amsterdam.