Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam
The Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam is located right in the oldest part of Amsterdam’s city centre. The old part of Amsterdam is very lively, with many restaurants, shops, historical buildings, and cafés. The hostel is a national monument recognized by the World Heritage List; it’s an old building with lots of character. The Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam is conveniently located close to Central Station and many tourist attractions: Dam Square, Madame Tussauds, Rembrandt’s house, canal tours, and the shopping centre. Our hostel in Amsterdam is also located around the corner from the Red Light District, which can be easily avoided, if so desired.
Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam is famous for its warm and welcoming atmosphere. We are a place where you can feel at home. We love to serve you with information about the city and insider’s tips of what to do.
Overview of Shelter Hostel Amsterdam
- The Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam has a total of 176 beds
- 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 16-bed rooms are available
- 16-bed rooms have dividing walls for more privacy
- Single-sex rooms
- Restrooms are also single-sex
- Private showers and toilet in 4-bed en-suites
- High ceilings, creating an open feeling in the bedrooms
Relaxing and peaceful spot in the heart of the city
In our hostel in Amsterdam, we have a cosy café, where you can hang out, play a game, relax with the cat or meet others. We also sell a selection of drinks, snacks, and meals. There are free computers for guests to use, and we have free Wi-Fi. A main feature of our hostel in Amsterdam is the outside garden – a peaceful area with a giant fish-pond and a comfy chill-out area where you can relax on the sofas. It’s a great place to hang out, meet new people, and play a game of darts or ping pong.
Every day we have free activities; like a free dinner, a Dutch Food Tasting, or a Bible Meditation. We also organize free City Walks. Check out our daily activities in our hostels in Amsterdam.
Services in Shelter Hostel Amsterdam
- Designated lockers for each guest are in every room – bring your own padlock, or buy one at reception
- Charging Service at reception
- Sheets included
- Discount tickets sold for canal cruise
- Free breakfast
- Home-cooked meal with the staff offered every night (€6 only, incl dessert and hot drink)
- Free WiFi and computers for guests to use
- Fridge and microwave in the café
- Reception open 24/7
- Bike rental: rent bikes from this Amsterdam hostel to explore the city or beyond
Transportation to Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam
The main train station of Amsterdam is less than a 10-minute walk away from the Shelter City Hostel Amsterdam. From the main train station, Amsterdam Central, there are buses/trams/trains to every part of the city and even to other places outside of Amsterdam.